If you have questions regarding registration, please contact Matt Jakoubek at 225-578-4100.
The Uniform Athlete Agents Act (UAAA) is a model state law that provides a means of regulating the conduct of athlete agents. Louisiana is one of 41 states to have enacted the UAAA, requiring an athlete agent to register with a state authority in order to act as an athlete agent in Louisiana.
Louisiana Department of Justice
Public Protection Division
1885 N. 3rd Street, 4th Floor
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
Phone: (225) 326-6400
Fax: (225) 326-6497
All agents and advisors who wish to interact with an LSU student-athlete must register with the Compliance Office on an annual basis. Registration is valid from July 1st to June 30th of the following year.
If this is the first time that an agent/advisor is registering with the Compliance Office, he/she must complete the Agent & Advisor Initial Registration Form.
If an agent/advisor has registered with the Compliance Office in the past, but has not renewed his/her registration in the last year, he/she must complete the Agent & Advisor Renewal Form.
*Please note that an agent must provide proof of registration with the Office of the Louisiana Attorney General, and he/she must be certified with the appropriate professional players association(s).
NOTE: Under Louisiana State law, agents are required to be registered with the state and LSU, and must provide at least seven (7) days of advance notice in writing to the Athletics Director and Head Coach of any potential contact with an LSU student-athlete.
Once registered with the State and the Compliance Office, an agent/advisor will be:
- Informed via e-mail of a completed registration
- Such notice is not an endorsement or recommendation by the Athletics Department
- Such notice is not evidence of an agent's qualifications or abilities to represent a student-athlete
- Acceptance of registration shall not be considered to confer any liability upon LSU for the acts or conduct of the registered individual.
- Identified as a registered agent or advisor in materials provided to LSU student-athletes and their families
- Identified as a registered agent on the Compliance Office website: Click here (advisors not listed)
- Eligible to participate in on-campus Agent Days and speak with LSU student-athletes